Google Map - The selected location in London today, courtesy of Google Maps.From here further zoom and pan, aerial photography, and street view are available.Most of her business was to Essex and Suffolk, but she also owned the Exeter coach .Samuel Pickwick and his friends start for Ipswich from here ( Cannon Street (Map: D-10) - Street leading from St.The present building dates from 1667 when it was rebuilt after the Great Fire.Charles Darnay accompanies Sydney Carton down Ludgate hill to Fleet Street, and so, up a covered way, into a tavern.Photo - Displays photos of the location Wikipedia - Additional information on that location in Wikipedia See this page for London locations listed by novel Map last updated November 2017 Note: This map and the information it contains is by no means meant to be all-inclusive or complete.It was designed to provide the reader of Dickens' works with a better understanding of the places that occur in the novels.
The Plornish family lives here and the factory owned by Daniel Doyce and Arthur Clennam was here ( Bond Street (Map: D-3) - Area of Fashionable shops in Northwest London. Grewgious is considering renting for Rosa Bud, says "It is not Bond Street nor yet St.
Mr Jinkins refuses to compare Todger's boarding house with a similar establishment in Cannon Street ( Chancery Lane (Map: C-7) - In Dickens' time Chancery cases were heard at Lincoln's Inn Hall off Chancery lane.
Jarndyce and Jarndyce was heard here, Krook's Rag and Bone Shop, where Miss Flite and Nemo/Captain Hawdon have rooms, and the residences of the Jellybys and the Snagsbys were in the vicinity of Chancery Lane ( Charing Cross (Map: E-5) - District of London named for the last of the stone crosses erected by Edward I in 1291 to mark the stops of Queen Eleanor's funeral procession from Nottinghamshire to Westminster Abbey. The Pickwickians begin their travels at the Golden Cross Hotel here ( Ye Olde Cheshire Cheese (Map: C-8) - This charming little pub was frequented by Dickens.
The Black Friars were Dominican monks who set up a priory in the area in 1221.
The name distinguished them from the adjacent priory of Carmelite monks, the White Friars, at Bridewell.